Page Count134 Pages
About the e-Book
Expert Geoserver pdf
A fast-paced guide to putting your GeoServer-based application into fast, user-friendly, and secure production
- Resolve bottlenecks, optimize data stores, and cluster server resources
- Use identity management and authentication for a user-specific, secure web application
- Go beyond traditional web hosting to explore the full range of hosting options in the cloud
GeoServer is open source, server-side software written in Java that allows users to share and edit geospatial data. In this book, you'll start by learning how to develop a spatial analysis platform with web processing services. Then you'll see how to develop an algorithm by chaining together geospatial analysis processes, which you can share with anyone in the world.
Next you'll delve into a very important technique to improve the speed of your map application—tile caching. Here, you'll understand how tile caching works, how to develop an effective tile cache-supported web service, and how to leverage tile caching in your OpenLayers web application.
Further on, you'll explore important tweaks to produce a performant GeoServer-backed web mapping application. Moving on, you'll enable authentication on the frontend and backend to protect sensitive map data, and deliver sensitive data to your end user. Finally, you'll see how to put your web application into production in a secure and user-friendly way. You'll go beyond traditional web hosting to explore the full range of hosting options in the cloud, and maintain a reliable server instance.
What you will learn
- Develop a WPS-processing service to allow web-based geospatial data processing
- Get to know important techniques to improve the speed of your web map application—tile caching, raster data optimization, and server clustering
- Find out which GeoServer settings resolve bottlenecks
- Develop an algorithm by chaining geospatial analysis processes together
- Put your application into production with hosting, monitoring, and automated backup and recovery
- Understand how to develop an effective tile cache-supported web service
- Master techniques that ensure resilient server deployment
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who wants to learn about advanced interfaces, security, and troubleshooting techniques in GeoServer. A basic understanding of GeoServer is required
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Healthcare Analytics Made Simple